You may be able to claim compensation if you were exposed to excessive noise in your employment. In order to do so you will need to establish that your employer was either negligent or in breach of their legal duty at the time the exposure occurred. If successful, you will be entitled to compensation. The amount of compensation you will receive depends upon the severity of your problems.
You will need a good recollection of your employers and the nature of the employment, the cause of noise to which you were exposed and potential statements from former work colleagues who can confirm your evidence.
You may also be able to recover additional compensation for the provision of hearing aids and their maintenance together with an additional sum if your disability restricts the type of job you can do.
We will value your case based upon the following criteria:
- The level of your hearing loss
- Your age associated loss
- Whether or not you have tinnitus
- Whether you need hearing aids, treatment or other equipment
- Whether or not you have a disability on the open labour market
Guideline valuations are:
- Total deafness £85,000 to £102,000
- Total hearing loss in one ear £30,000 to £42,000
- Severe tinnitus with hearing loss £27,000 to £43,000
- Moderate tinnitus with hearing loss £14,000 to £28,000
- Mild tinnitus with some hearing loss £12,000 to £14,000
- Slight or occasional tinnitus with slight hearing loss £7,000 to £12,000
- Slight hearing loss Up to £7,000
WE Solicitors have years of experience dealing with these types of claims and will help you to recover the compensation you are entitled to.